Friday, August 21, 2009

My 2009 Bee Sunflower Movie



This is my Bee movie for the 2009 year. Here we see my Siamese Sunflower -- meaning it seems to exhibit a genetic mutation of sorts. I think the way this works in
horticultural is that the division of the initial impregnated ovary involves a splitting of all genetic material into two primary parts (during what is called "mitosis"). Each part grows into a separate whole flower yet each are joined like Siamese twins.

My single Bee is a bumble bee. If you listen carefully, you will be able to hear him fly away with a big buzzing sound.

I have also shown my 2009 "up to 300 pound" pumpkin. He is not a Max pumpkin, sorry to say. Powdery mildew seems to be getting the upper hand on the leaves as does a major infestation of borers on the primary stem (where it descends into the ground. The leaves this year MAY also be affected by too "hot" a horse manure. They are yellowing a lot.

But I am still watering when I can in all this hot weather and it appears I have a healthy LITTLE pumpkin here. It looks about 8" in diameter.

3 comments:

Tinyc Tim said...

Id luks tah mee lyke yur punkun iz bigger dan mine. Ize didn't end ov wadering 2day butz frum da wedder predictions (and wee juz gotz a short reighn) we'll be getting wet tumorro. A sub 22 minit 5K under da inflewenz ov wat Bill delivers tumorro morning at 9 AM zeems unlikely. Butz stay tooned...
 

BuBe said...

looks like your garden is doing better than most! thanks for the latest Buzz from Max!

Tobee 'n DeeDee said...

Your punkun does look bigger(not that they aren't both beauties), good job! Keep up the good work.