Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fibinachos and more ...

Ripped directly off the math blog at Tunxis I present you with

(This is most meaningful to those who know about Fibonacci numbers.)

Here's the latest one. After you figure this one out (I haven't yet) you are encouraged to prove you know the code by posting your own secret message here. We in turn can prove we know the code by posting a response to your message. Our response should use the code as well. Extra credit: Original message should be Toby Speak.

PS - If your Calculus, Trigonometry or Basic Math skills are shaky, the numbers that correspond to specific letters are free for the asking. Just post a comment here. For example: What's Q? Answer: 24

8 comments:

Chip Bradley said...

I think I get the picture. Seems simple enough. Then again, there's a bit of math involved in getting there. I will work on this and hopefully come up with an answer.

Michael said...

19-11 19-11, 12-19-11-12-23 26-9-10-4-6

Tinyc Tim said...

Howdy -

Haven't deciphered yur coded mezzage butz mye quick luk at yur
self-assessment, blog presence etc. convinces mee you're juz weird
enuff tah fit ryet in. Wee don't offden getz comments owdzide owah yiddle
world ov da faw aktiv posters zo itz nyce tah hear frum u. Ize hav yetz tah wuk owd da math zo I'm luking fourward tah wat u hav sayd.

I've written quide a foo translators and wiyill prolly dew wun foah
what-should-we-call-it? MathSpeak?

- Lee

PS -

Wee hav an online dranzlador tah turn Inglish into "Tobee Speek" and vice versa. Dais mezzage, in Tobee Speek, luks lyke
 
dais 
Translation by http://primepuzzle.com/blog/jspeek.html using a 1521 word dictionary.
 

Tinyc Tim said...

Math Speak

Tobee 'n DeeDee said...

I tried the translator, hit the tab key, and nothing happens.

Tinyc Tim said...

Hmmm. Dumb question: Did you type in something in one of the text areas before hitting the Tab key? Nothing happens unless you give it something to do.

It works for me using both IE and FF.

Try TOBY in the bottom text box and then hit Tab key.

Try 12-15-8-21 in the top text box and then hit Tab key.

Thanks for testing this. I actually spent quite a bit of time getting this to work under both browsers so I'm surprised it's not working for you.

Tobee 'n DeeDee said...

OK, I see the problem now. I was trying to translate what that Michael person said, but there were some spaces and things that I had to take out. Tanx for your help.

Tinyc Tim said...

 
Cool. Yeah, the page isn't big on telling you it doesn't like commas, spaces, numbers bigger than 26 etc.

IVEMADEFURTHERCHANGES