Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gowuld Stahs foah Bube, DeeDee and Tineecee

We now officially award Bube with her new Gold Star. With highly skilled intuitive reasoning powers, she has nailed Tobee and DeeDee's puzzler (AB)^2 = CAB with values for A, B and C. In a short period of time, she came up with C = 6, A = 2 and B = 5. This was confirmed by her equation 25 x 25 = 625. Nice work Bube! A+ for you!


And below we also find a new (rather abstract) star for Tinyc. Why abstract? Well, he has gone to great lengths thinking about the SEND+MORE=MONEY problem. His programs are very clearly thought out. NAILING complicated things is complicated -- but after days and sometimes weeks of learning how to build his own better hammer, he finds these problems are answered with a "glow" of simplicity and elegance. He nailed it! A+ for Tinyc!


Finally I would like to remind everyone that DeeDee was the first person to actually SOLVE the SEND+MORE=MONEY problem WITHOUT the need of a program. Max had a few too many Math Alerts with this problem, but DeeDee nailed it with exactly the right answer. We at M4CE (Math4Chip Enterprises) would like to honor her for her work! SEND + MORE = MONEY, she found, was equivalent to 9567 + 1085 = 10652. A+ for DeeDee!

AND!!!

We must also not forget DeeDee has accomplished something MOST difficult for MANY people in the world! She has actually quit smoking for ONE ENTIRE YEAR! We're talking 365 DAYS here! DeeDee, I am sure this was not easy at times. Seriously, you have done something really wonderful. You have every right to feel proud. A+++ for you! And, if you would like to share with us all the statistical details on this, I am sure others will be interested too! I hope you do.

4 comments:

Tinyc Tim said...

Posts like this come once in a lifetime.

How can I give it words that do it justice?

Each stah is as individual as its owner. Each is incredibly beautiful. Each is pure Bradley.

I love my stah.

I love her stah.

I love her stah.

What an imagination you have. And the words you attach to each stah are perfect. The recognition you give to each solver is perfect.

Dare I mention that it even appears you corrected an errant "abstract?"

Has the thought ever occurred to you to design with Adobe Photoshop and then implement in gouache?

I am about to print all three stahs on matted high quality paper and place them on a wall. Just to remember that we are all stahs, especially the artist.

TcT

Chip Bradley said...

Thanks TcT. What a beautiful comment. I appreciate your wanting to put the stars up as a reminder about all of us. And yes, I have thought about the "Adobe / Gouache" technique." I might consider it at some point. Thanks!

Tobee 'n DeeDee said...

Thanks for my stah! It is beautiful, as are all the others.

My one year anniversary for quitting smoking is on January 13th, I will give everybody the statistical details then. You were close, thanks for thinking of me.

BuBe said...

what else could I possibly add to the rich comments already posted! I will just have to repeat the main theme here:

I love my stah.

I love his stah.

I love her stah.

I too, have saved the photos to print on some nice paper later today - I finally have some Chip Bradley artwork I can call my own! Thanks.