Monday, January 19, 2009

Missing Link



I love my Universal Star and will talk more about it in the future. It is too complex and wonderful to dwell on it here; I just couldn't resist a quick mention just to thank Max and to tell him how much I appreciate it

I of course was taken by BuBe's brief and Max's totally unbrief response to my challenge to find names for the pieces in my latest puzzle.

missing_link [
  while (still_admiring_max_names) [
    if (something_spotted) [
      poast_on_blog;etc;etc
      ]
    ]
  ]

Vah! Denuone Tobee loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur. (Oh! Was I speaking Toby again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out.)

Sorry about that. Where was I?

While I was still admiring Max's marvelous names I spotted something that was terribly wrong with the image. There were only 10 pieces. On careful reading of my poast you will notice I talk briefly about the piece count and how the puzzle fits together. It's also well known that I always (well not always always but almost always) have a prime number of pieces in my puzzles.

I have no idea how the above piece didn't get included in the collection Max was naming but fortunately "he" is not lost and I wanted to show "him" to you, just to keep the record straight. I've got at least one idea for a name for this guy but welcome your suggestions.

3 comments:

BuBe said...

the now non-missing link looks like a classic Cesarean profile to me - wow, Max, I guess you spent a bit more time "seeing" the pieces than I did. You named all but the green birdie - I would be interested to "hear" what you "see" in that piece! As I checked all your names of pieces, I could instantly see what you saw. Good job! Hey TcT - thanks for the cool way to pass some time! And Tobee doesn't have anyone to turn on his computer for him for a few days - he is missing out on all our fun! Hope DeeDee is having the time of her life!

Chip Bradley said...

I agree. This is a fun exercise. Glad you found the "missing" piece . Maybe your idea for what it "is" is similar to one of the following ideas. I am having a little difficulty deciding whether it looks like

1. A Billy Goat
2. A Ram or
3. A Reindeer

Did you see something like one or more of these animals?

I think I am going to go with the Billy Goat. Nice kuller and shayp!

Tobee 'n DeeDee said...

Definitely a billy goat.