Monday, October 27, 2008

Lunar Mysteries

Hi! This morning I was looking out my window and I saw the moon. I think I was quite lucky to be able to get this picture of it at about 6:30 this morning. There was very little light but I held the camera quite still. I have included my question for the day along with this photograph I took. It involves a PHASE issue. I am completely stumped as to why the moon appears so much like a totally thin crescent this morning, while both my lunar calendar AND my regular wall calendar indicate that it should be half (which in lunar-phase terms is actually considered a "quarter" moon.) Anybody have any thoughts on this mystery? Is the stock market so off the beam this morning that it is throwing the entire planet off its normal path around our sun?


3 comments:

Tinyc Tim said...

Ize gotz two questions foah u.

1. Why dew u hav a line pointing at Oct 14th? Dais day zeems tah hav nuddin tah dew wid da topic.

2. According tah mye wahch, compooter, TV, radio, newzpapah etc., 2day IS Octobah 27 and thus owah Lunar calendars and da moon agree.

Actually, Ize cannut teyell a lie. Mye compooter clawk at dais vewy moment sayz Tue Nov 4, 8:09:22 am butz datz cuz I'm ztill fooling aroond wid Cowntdown stufe. Ov course dais iz a hint wat da future wiyill bring and u awl hav tah promise mee dat u wiyill NOT cheat lyke dais and wiyill let da future unfold nachurly.

TcT


Translation by http://primepuzzle.com/blog/jspeek.html
using a 1100 word dictionary.

Chip Bradley said...

THANK YOU TcT! And theah u hav id! Id iz Octobah 27 and nutt Octobah 21st 2day! Whin Ize lookeed at mye Casio (wahch) dais morning Ize read da 7 (in 27) tah be a 1. Boy, dew Ize feel silly. Having revealed by cluelessness aboot wat day id actaully iz, Ize WILL poind owd why Ize did "poind" tah da 14th ov Octobah awn mye lunar calendar. Id wuz awn dat day dat da moon wuz lazt Full. Ize wanted tah make a poind ov da current date (witch Ize had thod tah be onwy wun week AFTER dat) tah be exactly haff way between da full moon and da NEW moon -- witch wee nuhow kno tah be tumorro.

PS. Ize loved today's "8" and Ize wiyill promise nutt tah make id a 4 (az in Novembah) unetill da actual day. I'll be zur NOT tah miss da firewuks! Maybee theah WILL be summ!

Tobee 'n DeeDee said...

Zillee Max!